Monday, October 15, 2012

Top 5 Favorite Baby Items

While I was pregnant many people would tell me "Oh you have to have this, it was a life saver!" or "Don't get this it's just a waste of money!"And I totally agree there are things that I probably didn't need and there are things that I couldn't live without. I think it varies person to person and baby to baby but I thought I would share my "must have" items. 

1. The first item I couldn't live without are the SwaddleMe wraps. We were given a few as gifts and I honestly don't know what we would do without them. For the first few weeks after Hailyn was born she didn't fit into the SwaddleMe because she was too tiny. We would just swaddle her with a receiving blanket. But as she got bigger and stronger she would just wiggle her way out of the receiving blanket, so we started putting her in the SwaddleMe. They keep her wrapped up tightly and she sleeps so well in them! She started sleeping through the night at 3 months old and I honestly believe part of the reason is because of the SwaddleMe. This is a great gift for baby showers, they come in many different colors and designs! Your friends will be thanking you.


2. A second "must have" item in my opinion is a Fisher-Price Swing. We have the My Little Snugabunny version. I don't know what we would do without it! It's a great place to be able to lay the baby down when you need to get stuff done around the house or just need a break from holding the baby. It is literally the only place, other than in our arms, that Hailyn will nap for longer than 10 or 20 minutes. It has many great features: it can be plugged in OR battery operated, two different swing motions, six speeds, 16 songs, the seat on the swing is made with a very soft fabric, 5 point safety harness,  mobile with a mirror to keep baby busy and folds well for easy storage. These swings are a little bit on the spendy side, but you will get your moneys worth within just the first month!


3. Now this third item has been a lifesaver for my husband and I many times now, its the ERGObaby carrier. Hailyn isn't a huge fan of her car seat and only last a short time in it if we are out running errands or grocery shopping. About 99% of the time when we are out and about I put her in the ERGObaby carrier and she is happy as can be, she usually ends up falling asleep! Not only is it nice because she enjoys it but it also leaves me hands free so that I can grocery shop, load the groceries in the car, sort through the clothes racks at the store and much more! I don't only use it while out of the house either, I use it when she is being fussy and I have stuff around the house to get done, vacuum, sweeping, etc. It's also useful when we don't want to push the big stroller around. I have used other carriers before, like the Babybjorn, and nothing compares to the ERGObaby. The straps on the ERGObaby are very padded and very comfortable. I was in a car accident it high school that messed up my back a bit and the ERGObaby hasn't bothered my back at all.



4. For Mother's Day this year my husband surprised me with a Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag. I never thought I would be so excited to recieve a diaper bag as a gift! While I was pregnant I spent forever looking for the "perfect" diaper bag. I wanted something that was cute but gender neutral (most of the stuff we got is gender neutral, that way if we have a boy in the future we can use the same stuff). I wanted to be able to carry it over the shoulder and as a backpack. I wanted something that would hold all the babies stuff, but I didn't want a huge bag. I also wanted something that was going to last a long time. My sister-in-law bought $30-$50 diaper bags and ended up going through three of them within a year. I wanted something that would last through all of my kids, or at least more than one. I had many people recommend Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bags to me, I looked them up and fell in love. They were everything I was looking for. But then I saw the price and realized I would have to continue my search for a cheaper "perfect" diaper bag. Long story short my husband surprised me and got me the bag for Mother's day. He said that is seemed like such a good quality diaper bag and the reviews on it were great. He said if we can get it to last through two of our kids that we will definitely get our moneys worth.



5. Last but not least is the Cloud B Sleep Sheep. We were received it as a gift at our baby shower and Hailyn has been using it since she came home from the hospital. Hailyn is a huge fan of white noise and pretty much can't sleep without some sort of white noise. The Cloud B Sleep Sheep is awesome because it is light weight and very portable so that we can take it wherever we go. It also has a velcro strap on it so that you can attach it to the car seat, stroller, etc. It has four different sounds, two different timer options and a volume control.





No comments:

Post a Comment