Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I'm back!


I haven't posted any new blogs the past week because we were gone on vacation, we spent a week up at Lake Chelan. It was our 1st family vacation! I was a little nervous since it was a 6 hour drive, but Hailyn did great! We all had so much fun and it was nice being able to spend so much time as a family.

We stayed at a placed called The Lake House at Chelan, which is a great family place. They have a year round heated pool, hot tub and fire pit for families to enjoy. There was also a miniature golf corse and go-carts right across the street. The lake was within a 5 minute walk from us and there was also a park near by.  


While we were up there we laid by the pool, hung out by the lake, rented a wave runner, spent a day at the local water slide park, took walks and relaxed! It was a great way to spend a vacation. 

Oh and how can I forget Hailyn slept AMAZING while we were up there. I was a little worried that she wouldn't sleep as well while we were up there sine we were in a new place, but one of the nights she slept 9 hours and 45 minutes. I couldn't believe it! But as nice as it was to get a good solid stretch of sleep I was in a bit of pain when I woke up and ready to nurse her lol 

Speaking of nursing Hailyn and I had a big accomplishment on this trip. I nursed in public (with a cover) a few times without feeling stressed or embarrassed. Before this trip I think I had only nursed Hailyn once in public. Hailyn still will unlatch a few times during feedings and need to be burped halfway through her feeding, which can make it kind of hard feeding her with a cover out in public. On the day we rented the wave runner we were all out by the lake and about to head back to the condo when Hailyn started to scream and cry and I could tell she was hungry. I had no other choice than to try and feed her while we were walking back. She ended up doing great and we stopped at a picnic table and I sat down and finished feeding her. It was still tricky because she does unlatch and then I had to burp her but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. After feeding her and it being pretty successful I felt more confident feeding her in public. The next day we went and sat down by the fire that they have every evening and I fed her down there. Its nice having the option of being able to feed her out in public, that way I don't have to try and make plans around when she is going to eat. Or have to worry about pumping so that I can give her a bottle when we are out and about. 

Later this week I am going to post about being dairy/soy free while on vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment