Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Past few days

So I haven't blogged in a few days due to being super busy. Hailyn had her 2 month well visit on Monday and the doctor said she is a healthy little girl. She weighs 9 lbs. 4 oz. and 22 inches long. The poor little thing had to get 3 shots. It killed me seeing her in so much pain. She did really well with the shots though she cried for about 30 seconds and as soon as I was able to pick her up she stopped crying. She actually cried more when we took the Band-Aids off yesterday than she did when she got the shots. 

I talked to the doctor about her dairy intolerance and he said that he suggest I slowly try adding dairy back into my diet when Hailyn is 6 months. He said sometimes a babies digestive system just needs a little longer to develop and be able to digest the protein in dairy. I am crossing my fingers that she will have outgrown the dairy allergy by 6 months but if not I probably wont be having dairy until she is a year old. He also said that in a week or two I should try adding soy back into my diet to see if she reacts to it. I originally eliminated dairy and soy because I had read that the allergies usually go hand in hand. Her doctor said that usually only 30% of babies that have a dairy allergy also have a soy allergy. As much as I would love it if she didn't have a soy allergy, I am kind of scared to have soy because I would hate for her to react negatively to it. I hate seeing her in pain. So I haven't really decided when I will try eating soy. We have a family vacation coming up so I might wait till we get back from vacation to try soy. I would hate for her to not feel well on her 1st vacation. 

Oh, and last night I made my husband the cod a la veracruz since he was working the night I went over to my parents and had it and he LOVED it! Which says a lot because he is a pretty picky eater.  I was suprised he liked it as much as he did because he doesn't like tomatoes or green olives. Which the recipe calls for both of those and he ate all of it! Its nice being able to find recipes that are dairy and soy free that both me and my husband enjoy. One of my favorite times of the day is sitting down to eat dinner with my husband. Which dinner times around here are a little different now that Hailyn is here (I swear she knows when its dinner time, she always wants to be held as soon as we are ready to eat). But it's nice to still be able to make dinner for my husband and I and not have to both eat separate things every night. I look forward to finding more recipes that I can share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment