Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Dairy & Soy Free Pizza Recipe

Before I went dairy and soy free one of our families favorite meals was homemade pizza. I was sad when I realized that I couldn't have pizza anymore. I decided to look at the ingredients of all the items I use when making pizza and realized that cheese was the only ingredient that I wouldn't be able to use. All the other ingredients were dairy and soy free. At first I didn't even want to try making pizza without cheese, I thought there was no way it would be good. The best part about pizza is cheese, right?! Well my husband kept begging for pizza so I finally made it. Half with cheese for him and half without cheese for me. Well to my surprise it was DELICIOUS! To be completely honestly I didn't even really miss the cheese. The only thing that I really missed was being able to dip my pizza in ranch dressing. I know some people think its weird but both my husband and I love it! So I searched and searched and came across a dairy/soy free ranch dressing recipe. I was kind of skeptical while making it but it surprisingly tastes almost exactly like ranch. 


Dairy/Soy Free Pizza & Pizza Sauce Recipe 

(Not in picture: Garlic, Cornmeal, and Pepper)




Pizza Sauce Recipe

Ingredients
1 can of Tomato Sauce
1 small can of Tomato Paste
1 tsp. dried Oregano
1 tsp. dried Basil
1 tsp. chopped Garlic
1 1/2 Tbsp. Sugar
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper (optional)

Directions
1. Place the Tomato Sauce and Tomato Paste in a medium sauce pan. Turn the heat to medium (lower the heat if it starts to bubble too much). 
2. Place the remaining ingredients in the pan. Stir and let simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Take pan off heat and let the sauce cool before using. 

Pizza Recipe

Ingredients
1 package of pre-made Pizza Dough (We buy ours from Winco, I know you can also buy it at Trader Joe's and other grocery stores.) 
 Homemade Pizza Sauce (See recipe above) or store bought Pizza Sauce (Check label to make sure it is dairy and soy free)
Toppings of your choice (Veggies, Meat, Pineapple, etc.)
Cornmeal

Directions
1. Place pizza stone in the oven (do not preheat the oven, set the temperature once the stone is in the oven) at 400 degrees.
2. Roll out the pizza dough, roll it out so that it is a little bit larger than the pizza stone.
3. Take pizza stone out of the oven after it has been in the oven for about 20 minutes.
4. Sprinkle cornmeal on the stone. Carefully put the dough on the pizza stone. To create the crust fold the outside of the dough towards the center and pinch down, do this all the way around the pizza.
5. Place the stone in the oven. (don't add the sauce or toppings yet!)
6.  Check on it after 5 minutes. If there are any bubbles pop them with a fork. Carefully press the middle of the pizza with your finger to see if it is firm and not doughy (the longer the dough is left in the crispier the crust will be).
7. After you have taken the pizza stone out put a few spoonfuls of pizza sauce on the dough and spread it around.
8. Next put on the toppings of your choice.
9. Place pizza back in oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes check to see if the crust is golden brown. once the crust is golden brown it is ready to eat!!

( The right side has cheese on it for my husband)



Dairy & Soy Free Ranch Dressing Recipe 


Ingredients
1 cup Mayo
1/4 cup Dairy-free "Buttermilk" (See recipe below) 
1/2 tsp. dried Parsley
1/2 tsp. dried Chives
1/2 tsp. dried Dill
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
1/8 tsp. Sea Salt
1/8 tsp. Black Pepper

Directions
1. Combing all ingredients except for the dairy free"buttermilk" in a medium bowl.
2. Slowly whisk in the dairy free "buttermilk."
3. Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week (Taste best if you let it sit in the fridge over night before using).



Dairy Free Buttermilk Recipe

1. Add 1 1/2 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice to a 1/4 measuring cup.
2. Add enough Dairy Free Milk of your choice to bring the total amount of liquid to 1/4 cup ( I use Almond Milk but unsweetened coconut milk could also be used.)
3. Stir and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes, until milk curdles. Then it's ready to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment